The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) Bursary Agreement (NBA) is now available for students to sign. The NBA is applicable to First Time Entering Students (FTENs) only and senior students that are receiving for NSFAS funding for the first time.
To transform NSFAS into an efficient and effective provider of financial aid to students from poor and working-class families in a sustainable manner that promotes access to, and success in, higher and further education and training, in pursuit of South Africa’s national and human resource development goals.
Sign your Loan Agreement Form (LAF) or Schedule of Particulars (SOP) Online
- STEP 1: Click here to sign your LAF or SOP online
- STEP 2: Enter your ID Number and click on the search button
- STEP 3: Once you have clicked on the search button you will receive your One Time Pin (OTP) either as an email or SMS.
Please note that if you are a minor under the age of 18 at the time your LAF or SOP is ready to be signed online then your legal guardian or parent will receive the OTP and will need to follow steps 4 – 9
- STEP 4: Enter the OTP* sent to you from NSFAS * If you have not received a OTP click the resend OTP button
- STEP 5: Click on the login button
- STEP 6: Read the LAF or SOP by clicking on the folder icon
- STEP 7: Enter your cellphone number and email address
- STEP 8: Agree to the funder terms and conditions by clicking on the checkbox
- STEP 9: Click on the submit button
- A One Time Pin (OTP) is a Personal Identification Number (PIN) that NSFAS will send only once to your cellphone number to confirm that you are the person logging in to accept the LAF or SOP
The bursary agreements came as a result of the fee-free education pronouncement and will be replacing the previous loan agreement form which students signed to enable NSFAS to make payments towards their tuition and allowances.