DUT NSFAS Application Form
Durban Institute of Technology NSFAS Application Form
Application Process for Bursaries / NSFAS Loans
• Only full-time registered students are allowed to complete and submit the application form for financial aid.
• The Forms are available from the Financial Aid Department.
Closing Date for Application Forms
• Returning Students/Continuing Students: 31 August of the current academic year
• New First Year Students: 5 February of the current academic year
• New Semester Students: 31 August of the current academic year
NSFAS Loans (National Student Financial Aid Scheme)
• NSFAS loans are government loans that are allocated to all tertiary institutions with the proviso that it is awarded to financially needy and academically deserving students.
• Low Interest on NSFAS loans will be calculated, and is tied to the inflation rate.
• You will be expected to make your own/family contribution towards the total costs of your studies.
• Up to 40% of the loan may be converted to a bursary dependent on your year-end results.
• All NSFAS students must re-apply for the loan before the 31 August of the current year for the following new academic year.