University of Pretoria NSFAS Application Closing Date
Check the closing date for application for the NSFAS. Applicants are to make sure they submit their application before the closing date. The Nsfas closing date may be extended depending on the number of applications recieved.
National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS
|1 August of the year preceding studies
|30 November of the year preceding studies
|NSFAS SupportTel: 0860 067 3276
Note: NSFAS IS NOT a bursary scheme. It is a study loan from government of which a portion may be converted to a bursary based on excellent academic achievement. See detail about this loan under LOANS section above.
If you are:
- still at school and figuring out how to fund further studies, or
- currently studying and needing funds to further your studies, then you need to apply for a NSFAS loan on their website, www.nsfas.org.za before 30 November.
- NSFAS is a government loan scheme to assist financially needy, but academically deserving students. These loans are available for all fields of study at a low interest rate.
- Loans are available to South African citizens who are engaged in full-time undergraduate study to obtain a first tertiary educational qualification, who meet the criteria as determined by NSFAS.
- Loans are not guaranteed and are awarded subject to the availability of funds.
- The loan does not accrue interest during your period of study. The loans are only repaid after studies have been completed or discontinued.
Students who want to apply for UP loans or UP funding:
- must first apply for admission to study at the University and wait to receive a student number;
- must apply for funding as soon as the University has sent them a student number, even before they have been notified of whether their study application was successful or not should not wait for their final school-year end examination results before applying for funding;
- must apply for UP funding between 4 August and 30 November of the year preceding the commencement of studies;
- must apply on the University of Pretoria website at www.up.ac.za/feesfunding; and
- students should regularly follow-up their applications on the UP Portal “Student Centre”
If you are a first time user of the UP Portal, go to https:http://www.up.ac.za/portal click on “New User” and enter your student number (u00000000) as username. Type in your ID/passport number and click on Proceed.
- The following loans are available: NSFAS, Tsenang, University loans, Edu-Loans and private banks’ study loans.
- All applications for funding require the submission of various documents to prove the award or financial need. Such documents are referred to as “supporting documents”. Outstanding supporting documents or information will delay the processing of an application for funding.
- University of Pretoria NSFAS Online Application 2024
- University of Pretoria NSFAS Application Form 2024
- University of Pretoria NSFAS Application Status 2024
- University of Pretoria NSFAS Contact Details
- University of Pretoria NSFAS Application Closing Date